Would you like to progress your career in an exciting engineering business, operating in Oil & Gas, Offshore Wind, Wave & Tidal Energy? Are you skilled in engineering design, well organised, a good team player and good at dealing with pressure? If so we want to hear from you.
Subsea Energy Solutions (SES) are growing and we are looking to expand our design and project team to support the many exciting projects we're currently working on. This role brings the potential for your designs, skill and expertise to be used around the world on major international projects.
We are seeking a Graduate Design & Project Engineer with a particular skill in Solidworks to join our team.
You will play a major part in the business with responsibility from day one to add value and integrate into the team.
Job Title: Graduate Design & Project Engineer
Company: Subsea Energy Solutions Limited
Reports to: Senior Project Engineer
Team/Department: Project Office
- To research, design, develop, manufacture and test equipment for the oil, gas and renewables markets
- Assist on engineering projects by organising and controlling project elements.
- A responsible and highly versatile function at the heart of our operational process.
- Support and assist the Engineering team on all aspects of design and administration required to full fill company contracts.
- Participate in various design projects on Solidworks from concept to completion with the support of the Senior Design and Project Engineer.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders, managing their expectations during contract fulfilment.
- Assist with managing suppliers and contractors to maintain project schedule by monitoring progress, coordinating activities and resolving problems.
- Assist Senior Design and Project Engineer to maintain financial diligence through budget and cost control to maximise profit, reporting an issues in a timely manner.
- Prepare data by collecting, analysing and summarising information for installation, testing, quality, packing, and weekly reports.
- Supports sales with administration for the technical analysis of enquiries, preparing the technical offer, analysing project specifications and designing the technical solution.
- Prepare documentation according to project requirements including bid preparation, test procedures technical manuals, completion files and any other associated documentation. Ensure most updated set is always available.
- Assist engineers with factory acceptance testing and recording of activities when required.
- Comply with responsibilities as laid down in Subsea Energy Solutions Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policies
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Be involved in a range of work to enable the department to respond effectively to the requirements of the Company.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the other engineers, directors or senior management team.
Key Skill Requirements
- Degree/HND or equivalent in an engineering discipline HND must be accompanied with relatable work experience.
- Alternative qualifications may be considered acceptable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of CAD modelling and drawings with experience in Solidworks an advantage.
- An understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Hands-on can-do attitude.
- Motivated individual.
- Excellent problem-solving skills & a creative mind set.
- Good planning and organising skills.
- Team player with the ability to work on your own
- Ability to meet targets and deadlines
- UK Full Driving Licence
Nice to Haves
- Solidsworks Experience
- Previous work experience in the Oil/Gas and renewable markets
- Product experience in the Oil/Gas and renewable markets.
- Project Management Qualification
- Good knowledge of QHSE.
Development in Role
Develop Design and project management skills along with technical and commercial experience to progress to Design and Project Engineer.
If you wish to apply, please send a full CV including covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications open until Friday 18th June 2021.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE